Well, it appears that I’ve attracted a new follower. Welcome. Since you seem to be into movie lines “I shake you warmly by the hand!” And in response to your question, of course following me isn’t stalkerish. Me calling you a follower is cultish. By the way, matching red robes are in the corner, help yourself. They’re actually Snuggies but what the hell. (Look up the WTF blanket on youtube) I thought they were cultish before looking them up on youtube.
Anyway, today was kind of crappy so I’m not going to talk about what happened. Instead I’m going to make a list in honour of Thanksgiving being this weekend (sorry to American readers, I’ll send my greetings to you in... November?) I shall write the things I am thankful for.
The following are in no particular order. So for those who know me, back off! Friends you aren’t less important to me than my cat... –shifty eyes–
1) Family and Family dinners. Without them, it might have taken me ages to figure out why I’m unbalanced. Furthermore, without my grandfather, how would I have known that I’d at last come into my womanly shape? (This statement was complete with hour glass hand gestures) I was 19 or 20 when he told me this.
2) My cat aka Meeko. He’s a great outlet for my insanity. Talking to him always makes me feel better. Plus, it’s great practice for the spinster years to come. I do love him though. He’s a great space heater.
3) My bosses and job. I know it doesn’t always sound like I love it, but I truly do. They’re like my second family except cooler in the sense that they want and try to get me drunk and they pay me. And I get Chinese food for supper all the time!
4) My friends. The ones who listen to me whine and complain. They make me think I’m funny and smart when I’m probably not and they’re always first to laugh when I do something clumsy. Like get my head stuck in a fridge. Which actually happened I’m afraid to say. They’re great at making me see the lighter side even when I’m distracted by the cookies offered by the dark side.
5) My therapist! She’s so great. I actually have fun in therapy... well... when I can anyway. And who else would cruise dating sites with me? And who else would look at me like I’d grown a second head after making a TV reference. Seriously... she can’t remember Raiders of the Lost Ark... gah!
6) Life in general. Because even though most days are difficult and make me want to pull my hair out, I can still believe that tomorrow will be better. (YOU’D BETTER BE LISTENING GOD! ARE YOU READING THIS?) And on the upside, for those who’ve been following me a few days now, it finally stopped raining.
7) Thanks to those who read this and to those who comment. I love writing and it’s great having someone read me again.
To fellow Canucks happy Thanksgiving or whatever it is you celebrate. Screw it, Happy Long Weekend! To those in other countries, I shall eat and rest for you. That’s my excuse. Have patience, your equivalent holiday will come!
One last thing: Four Followers! Wootness!